Yes, yes, yes. It has happened to me. When you have some good conversations and then all of a sudden, no response. Whatsoever. What a surprise.
I’m going to be very honest, it sucks. A lot. You wonder, did I do something wrong? Was it me, or them? Can I fix it? But after talking it out, I will say these few things (keep in mind I’m a do as I say, not as I do person). If it ever happens to you, I hope you take this advice with confidence.
1. Their loss. You know your value. If they don’t see it, well then they don’t need to be in your life. Don’t let other’s opinions drag you down.
2. Don’t over think it. I am EXTREMELY guilty of this. I over analyze everything. Maybe they’re not interested. Sometimes, they’re just not that into you.
3. Don’t text like crazy back to them. Maybe try to text them once or twice, not back to back but scattered (maybe they were busy?). Nothing is more annoying than someone who doesn’t get the message.
4. DROP THEM LIKE A HOT SACK OF POTATOES. I told this to my best friend when I was in this situation. Listen, if they truly wanted you in their life, they’d text first, but they’d also make sure they’d text back. If it’s you who is mostly driving the convos, drop it.
5. Listen to some empowering jams. You know what those songs are for you. Nothing is better than the feeling of not giving a single f*@#.
6. Lastly, I am a huge believer in “if it’s meant to be, it will”. So, think of it that way. Sometimes timing is a bitch and the cards just aren’t in your favor. Move on. There are other open doors waiting to be discovered.
These are just some things that came to mind. Everyone experiences different scenarios, but I find these few things to help put the mind at ease.